Be forewarned. This is a word heavy post. But, there are lots of really pretty and inspiring quotes to keep you entertained.
I turned 33 about a week ago. Thirty. Three. Yep, I’m keepin’ it real. But the funny thing is, I still feel 20ish inside. Granted, it’s a more well-rounded and confident 20ish. But 20ish nonetheless. I completely missed the 30 before 30 bandwagon. So instead of lamenting lost opportunities, I thought I would strike out on my own and do a 33 while 33 list.
I’m really nervous and excited about this idea. Excited because I can’t wait to get started on this list of awesomeness! Nervous because I rarely write to-do lists. In my perfectionistic brain, I think that if I write things on a to-do list, I can do it. I never take into account that I’m completely human and have limited time. So, I often write about 10 times more than I can actually accomplish. And since I’m a perfectionist, I work myself until I’m completely exhausted trying to cross off every. single. thing. Then, I vow to never make another to-do list as long as I live. I think I’ll call this a wish list instead.
Here's my 33:
1. Take a photography class and learn how to actually use my awesome camera. (I’m already registered!)
2. Make a wreath. I love them and I’ve never made one. I probably won’t qualify as a “serious” craft blogger until I’ve made a wreath.
3. Sew quilts for all three of my kiddos (I’ve already started this if you remember way back when. I’ll blame Christmas for getting in the way of finishing. Yep, it was Christmas.)
5. Pin at least 1000 pins on Pinterest (they can’t all be completely unrealistic!)
6. Finally update the pictures on my living room wall. Working on this one right now.
7. Conquer the demon in my house. AKA laundry. And I bet you all thought I loved laundry because it’s in my blog name.
8. Make my laundry room beautiful (and functional) so that it might entice me to spend more time there. That’s got to be the secret, right?
9. Blog more intentionally.
10. Kick my caffeine habit. This one seems the most scary to me (as I sit here and sip my can of Pepsi).
11. Plant a flower, and by some miracle, keep it alive.
12. Learn how to make French Macarons (does anyone know how to pronounce that correctly?)
13. Take more pictures with my kids. With me in them. That’s a hard one for me.
14. More Sunday morning breakfasts. At least once a month.
15. Update my ABOUT ME page. Have you read it? It’s super lame. I wrote it in about five minutes when I first started my blog. That needs to get fixed stat.
16. Read 12 books. 1 for every month.
17. Drink more water.
18. Take a photo every day. Hello, Instagram!
19. Choose to be happy
20. Try yoga. Probably by myself. This could be embarrassing.
21. Sew a dress. For myself. I'm kind of desperate for more right now.
22. Finally organize my recipes. Hello stack of 1000 printed recipes in my cupboard!
23. Cook something completely new to me every month.
24. Spend more time playing with my kids. They love it when I do.
25. Learn to Skype. I think I'm a little behind on this one.
26. Make homemade marshmallows. And dip them in chocolate.
27. Throw a party.
28. Take my kids to leave some quarters for a stranger to find in the candy machines at the grocery store. Someone did that once and my son was lucky enough to find one. It completely made his day.
29. Organize my craft closet/room
30. Paint my piano. We bought a piano from my hubby's school for $50. It really needs some TLC. But, I'm a little nervous about this one and reserve the right to change it later.
31. Learn how to temper chocolate. I can't believe I haven't done this already!
32. Read the Bible cover to cover. Better get started on this one.
33. Comment more on the blogs I love.