Thursday, June 14, 2012
Sunshine Blog Award
Early last week, the awesome Apples and Peanut Butter nominated me for the Sunshine Award. I’ve been such a slacker chasing the two-year old around and trying to get our family on a summer schedule that I haven’t even posted about it yet! Apples and Peanut Butter is such an awesome blog! You guys should really go check it out! See this cool Nightgown Upcycle project? Pretty much amazing in my book! I love, love the cupcake liner flower. So creative!!
The Sunshine Award is given from bloggers to bloggers. It’s for someone “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere." I’m so honored to be noticed for such an amazing award! I’ve only been blogging for a short time, and I’ve been truly humbled by the amazing community that I’ve found. Before I blogged, I really thought that it was a person behind a computer. I didn’t ever imagine that I would feel so connected and become friends with some of those people. It’s been an incredible journey so far and I can’t wait to see what’s ahead!
Okay, so here's how the award works. First, you should thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Next, answer the following questions about yourself. Then, choose 10 of your favorite bloggers and link their blogs to your post. Be sure to let them know that you are nominating them for the award. Last, be sure to copy and paste the award to your blog!
Now for the questions:
1. Favorite color- My favorite color has always been blue. I’m not really sure why. I’m just drawn to all shades of blue. Sometimes my husband will surprise me with a new shirt that isn’t blue because I own so many that are. He keeps me balanced, I guess.
2. Favorite animal- Hmmm…I guess I would have to consider myself a cat person. Although right now I feel like a chicken person because of our new pets. Speaking of which, I should really post an update about how that’s going. It’s been a lot more fun and interesting than I thought.
3. Favorite number- I’ll say 3 because I have 3 kids. My brain seems to always think in 3s.
4. Favorite Drink- Pepsi. For sure. I’ve been trying to switch to Diet Coke. Diet Pepsi just seems like a cheap knock off. I really should try to switch to water. Maybe one day.
5. Facebook or Twitter- Facebook. I feel like I’m pretty technologically savvy, but Twitter just has me thrown for a loop. Maybe I should spend more time trying to figure it out.
6. Good book or good movie- Both. It more often seems to be a good movie, but I do love a good book. I didn’t read The Hunger Games for a really long time because I knew that once I started, everything else in life would stop, so I avoided it.
7. My passion- My passion is my family. Most definitely. Everything I do is for my family.
8. Giving or getting gifts- Giving. I love Christmastime and I spend months (literally) plotting out the perfect gifts.
9. Favorite day- I don’t know if I have a favorite day. When I worked I loved the end of the week. Now I often feel like my days blend together. My favorite type of days are when everyone stays home in pjs all day and we watch movies. Those days don’t happen very often, so I love them the most.
10. Favorite flower- I love our Columbines that are in bloom right now. They’ve grown so full and healthy this year. We must have planted them in the perfect spot because we really don’t do anything at all to take care of them.
Now, the 10 blogs that I would like to give the Sunshine Award to. I thought it would be fun to do a little spotlight on why I love all of these blogs. So, here's my 10 (in no particular order):
1. The Thriftiness Miss – Jessica awarded me the Liebster Award a few weeks ago and is such a sweet and awesome person. You have to see her Patriotic Toilet Paper Roll Garland. I love, love, love it!
2. Dishing with Leslie – You’ve met Leslie before. She was my swap partner with the Grow. Swap. Share. blog swap. I was pretty blessed to be partnered up with someone so amazing! Her Cheesecake Burritos are to die for. And I know because I made them last week. Plus, you have to try her Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken. It’s a new favorite in our house!
3. Life with the Hawleys – I have a friend that’s about to have a baby in a few weeks. I really wanted to make her a quilt, but the problem is, I’ve never quilted before. I can find my way around a sewing machine okay, but I needed to find an easy quilt idea for my first time. That’s where I found Life with the Hawleys. Darby is one of my favorite bloggers. Plus, she can really plan a party. We’re party kind of people at our house. Look at this cool ABC Baby Shower she put together. Her blog is one I always read.
4. My Favorite Finds – Carrie is one of my favorite finds! I am in love with her blog and am totally jealous of her recent Disney vacation. But this girl has talent, too. Check out this Monogram Wall Plaque she made for her sister!
5. Tiffany & Co. – This is a brand spankin new blog. Like so new, it’ll be fun to see where it goes. Tiffany is obviously very talented. You can tell by this Chunky Bead Board Frame she posted today. She also does furniture refinishes. I’m jealous. I have a piano that my husband bought from his school for $50 that I would love to paint. But I’m pretty nervous about ruining it. I wish someone like Tiffany would come to my rescue so I could have an amazing piano! Let’s give this awesome new blogger some love!
6. Yummy – Healthy – Easy – I actually just barely found this blog. Jen found me and I found her back. And I’m glad I did. I love food blogs. Like really love them. And I think my family would be happy if I cooked more food that I found on these wonderful food blogs I keep finding. Like this delicious looking Crock Pot Beef Stew. Yummy, healthy and easy. Who could ask for more?
7. What’s Cooking, Love? – Another cooking blog. I told you I love cooking blogs. Alyssa makes some really yummy and amazing looking food. I’m thinking this Strawberries and Cream Cinnamon French Toast Bake might be our Christmas Morning breakfast (I’m already planning ahead!)
8. Grow Creative – I think I found Elise at Grow Creative through a blog hop. She’s an artist. One of my best friends is an artist. I’m really drawn to and inspired by artistic people. I’ve never been able to express myself artistically through drawing or paint and I love people who can. Elise even has an Etsy shop. You won’t just find art at Grow Creative, there are plenty of crafty and organizational things too!
9. Color Me Domestic – The first time I found Color Me Domestic was when I saw these awesome Flower Balls linked up at parties all over the blogosphere a couple of months ago. They were so beautiful and intricate that I knew Geni was my kind of blogger!
10. White Lights on Wednesday – I met Julie through the Grow. Swap. Share blog swap and she is wonderful! Her and Carrie @ My Favorite Finds were total rock stars in hosting that swap. If they do another, I strongly recommend signing up! In the meantime, check out her delicious Chocolate Oatmeal Cream Pies .
Apples and Peanut Butter for the nomination!!